Re: New drive ready to partition. Just what some recommendations and suggestions.

On 18-Jan-2000, Ron Rademaker <ron@wep.tudelft.nl> wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Peter Ross wrote:
>
> > Currently I have two partitions.
> >
> > 1. /
> > 2. /mnt/wally/hdc2 which contains my /usr/local and /home setup by using
> >    symlinks.
> >
> > The advantage for me, is that I can trash the root partition any time I
> > want and still have all my important stuff.
>
> As long as you're not interested in things as mail or logfiles.

True, however I use use procmail to deliver my mail to my home
directory.  You could of course have those directories as symlinks as
well.  AFAIK the only directories that need to be on the / partition are
/bin, /sbin, and /etc.

Pete