mutt not y2k compliant???

Hello,

I noticed something strange with mutt from slink:

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge
||/ Name            Version        Description
+++-===============-==============-============================================
ii  mutt            0.95.3-0.2     Text-based mailreader supporting MIME, GPG,

A mail I received has the following headers:

Date: Mon, 10 Jan 00 12:59:30 +1100
From: Ger Vloothuis <Ger.Vloothuis@f284.n633.z3.fidonet.org>
Subject: Y2K roll call
To: Brian May <Brian.May@f362.n633.z3.fidonet.org>

(note: this is fidonet, I am not sure if two digit years are supported
or not).

Most programs recognise "00" as the year 2000 (eg Gnus). Not mutt
though - it displays the same entry as:

 188   * Feb 16 Ger Vloothuis   (   0) Y2K roll call

How can mutt get so confused it replaces 10 Jan with 16 Feb???
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>