RE: CVS server?

>From the CVS manual:

There's no CVS Daemon. The pserver connection is run from inetd. Check out
the online manual at

http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~dpc/cvs/

But it won't show up in a 'ps', just like exim won't, 'cause it's run from
inetd.

In your /etc/inetd.conf you should have a line which reads:

cvspserver	stream	tcp	nowait	root	/usr/bin/cvs	cvs	--allow-root=<your
$CVSROOT here>	pserver

(this is all on one line.

You need to make sure you have the lines:
cvspserver	2401/tcp
cvspserver	2401/udp
in your /etc/services file.

Though I had to put in the raw port number (2401) in inetd.conf.

Hope this helps. There's a ton of info in the manuals-- don't forget to
RTFM!