Re: Apache Recompile

SGaerner@gmx.net (Sven Gaerner) wrote:
>I need to recompile Apache to support Frontpage Server Extensions. I want
>to replace the Package that comes with Debian, so that I can use my
>conf-files and the Debian Scripts (i.e. /etc/init.d/apache).
>For this I need the options the configure-script was called with.
>Please send me asap.

Grab the Debian source package and look in debian/rules? If you tweak
that slightly and build it the Debian way (with debuild,
dpkg-buildpackage, or whatever) you'll get a Debian package with the
extensions you want, which is usually a very clean way of doing it.

--
Colin Watson                                           [cjw44@cam.ac.uk]