Re: Problem with Wordperfect8 for Linux

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, russell cook wrote:

> I have wordperfect running ... sort of.  The graphics icons are garbled.
> I have XPM4.7 version 3.4k-5.  I don not not have XPM4.7-alt dev installed
> because I have a conflict.  Can someone tell me wahat packages I must have
> installed on my Potato system for Wordperfect to run properly?  If the necessary
> packages are obsolete, can you please tell me where to find them?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Regards,
> 	Russ
> russcook@flash.net

Your color depth is probably set to 24-bit.  Wordperfect needs to run only
on 16-bit color depth setups.  I just have an alias to run
startx -- -bpp:16 :1, which starts Xwindows in 16 bpp mode.

--
-bob

Particle physicists are always trying to hold a meeting, but
whenever they decide on a place, the time changes.
* Robert Kerr, The morphing guy.  *    MS 0847 Sandia National Labs  *
* rakerr@sandia.gov               *    Albuquerque NM 87185-0441     *
* Robert_Kerr@byu.edu             *      Phone: (505) 844-8606       *
* http://www.et.byu.edu/~kerrr    *      Fax: (505) 844-9297         *