I hate off-topic posts (including this one :) [was Re: Acer machines]

On Sat, 15 Jan 2000, aphro wrote:

 : well i read from multiple sources that their UP->SMP upgrade tool worked
 : about 20% of the time..compaq came up with a tool that was 99-100%
 : successful *if* you had compaq hardware..
 :
 : there are many many files that had to be changed to give NT SMP support
 : not just the kernel.

I hate to prolong this thread, but I have to ask ... Who the hell cares?
And what is the relevance to Debian?

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD