Re: Keyboard autorepeat

Alisdair McDiarmid wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 16, 2000 at 06:53:25PM +0000, Alisdair McDiarmid wrote:
> > I just upgraded my machine to current potato, and the keyboard
> > autorepeat settings have changed: delay is now 500ms instead of ~300ms
> > as it was before.
> >
> > I've fixed the problem in X by editing my XF86Config file (added
> > AutoRepeat 300 5 in the Keyboard section) but the virtual console
> > setting is still wrong.
>
> No it's not, I'm just being stupid.
>
> By the way, where did this change in the recent upgrade? Somewhere in
> the X packages?

	I'm having the same problems, and I think its X related.  I run
kbdrate on boot up, and everything is fine untill I run X.  The kbd
suddenly speeds up not just in virtual consoles in X, but also back in
the text console terms as well.  I have to run kbdrate now, every time
I turn around.

	There is, to me, something suspicious that I haven't noticed before.
The last lines of the text console after starting X now include:

	SetKbdSettings - type: 0 rate: 5 delay: 105 snumlk: 0
	SetKbdSettings - succeeded

Where is this coming from?  Its NOT the AutoRepeat thing in
XF86Config, this is something new thats been added recently.

--
"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." --
Voltaire

Ed C.