Re: Keyboard autorepeat

--- Alisdair McDiarmid <alisdair@jml.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 16, 2000 at 06:53:25PM +0000, Alisdair McDiarmid wrote:
> > I just upgraded my machine to current potato, and the keyboard
> > autorepeat settings have changed: delay is now 500ms instead of ~300ms
> > as it was before.
> >
> > I've fixed the problem in X by editing my XF86Config file (added
> > AutoRepeat 300 5 in the Keyboard section) but the virtual console
> > setting is still wrong.
>
> No it's not, I'm just being stupid.
>
> By the way, where did this change in the recent upgrade? Somewhere in
> the X packages?

Upstream in XFree86.

Former versions didn't even handle the AutoRepeat option. While 3.3.6 does,
it can't restore it for the console because the rate can't be inquired.

Michel

=====
"Software is like sex; it's better when it's free"
 -- Linus Torvalds

"If you continue running Windows, your system may become unstable."
 -- Windows 95 BSOD