Re: Upgrading pcmcia-* breaks ppp

Hi Brian May; unless Mutt is confused, you wrote:
> Also, this isn't the worst of my problems... If I try to bootup with
> the card in, or shutdown, the computer will lock up, and require a
> hardware reset in order to fix the problem. Inserting/removing the
> card after bootup seems to be OK though.
>
> When I asked about this on the linux-kernel mailing list, somebody
> suggested I replace the following parameter to my pcmcia.conf
> file with:
>
> PCIC_OPTS='pci_csc=0'
>
> however, that doesn't help :-(.
>
> --
> Brian May <bam@debian.org>

A big guess, but are you guys sure you have no interrupt or similar
conflicts? I have a problem with Xircom modem which sounds similar to
the ones described in pcmcia-howto in relation to the interrupt conflict
even though my /proc/interrupt doesn't show one. Changing the irq works
(from line being hopelessly slow to te normal speed of 56k modem).
HTH,
damir