Re: ATA/66 hardware detection problems

From: George Bonser <grep@shorelink.com>
To: Burt Kemp <bkemp81@hotmail.com>
CC: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: ATA/66 hardware detection problems
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 14:15:55 -0800 (PST)

I am not sure if Debian applies the latest IDE patches from:

ftp://ftp.us.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/hedrick/

or not. The latest patch is for 2.2.14 and dated two days ago.

Which kernel version are you using?

On Sat, 15 Jan 2000, Burt Kemp wrote:

> Has anyone else had experience with a 440BX board that incorporates ATA/66 > support? Debian does not even realize that its there. Is there no support
> for them yet?

I was using the default kernel that came. I could not get it to install, because it couldnt find a drive to install on.