Re: starting prefered window manager (was: Re: debian-user-digest Digest V100 #79)

On 14/1/2000 Guyren G Howe wrote:

This does nothing. I execute chmod 700 .xsession, and nothing happens. I just get the command prompt back.

chmod 700 changes the permissions on the .xsession file, it must be executable to work.

Besides, shouldn't this tie into startx somehow?

yes but adding a non executable .xsession wont do anything, so after running chmod you run startx or login with {x,w}dm

and yes, I made an error before you should not have that & after the windowmanager, I was thinking xscreensaver for some reason ;-)

BTW that htmlized mail has a tendency to annoy list members, you probably want to fix your mailer to stop doing that.

Ethan