Re: wine_0.0.991212-1_i386.deb broken

On 13-Jan-2000 Darxus wrote:

> They don't keep old versions around.  If you install your packages via
> apt-get, it leaves the installed packages in /var/cache/apt/archives.
> Check there first.  There's a command "apt-get autoclean" that deletes
> everything but the most recent copies of all packages.  I always do that
> before apt-get upgrading, and wait till I know new stuff is stable to
> delete old packages.
>
> Think about it, if they just kept the current version, and the one before
> it, it would double their storage requirements.

Before I installed the faulty wine packages, I made backups of the previous
wine packages:

cd /tmp

dpkg-repack wine
dpkg-repack libwine
dpkg-repack libwine-dev

When I realized the new wine package was broken, I just reinstalled from the
backups.  I like the idea about 'apt-get autoclean' and will try that next
time.

--
Andrew