Re: samba copy permissions

If you are copying between two unix machines it might be easier to just use
NFS to mount the drives and copy the files over via cpio or something similar.
I think that since samba is based in windos without much in the way of
permissions, all the permissions get lost.

I personally run into problems with samaba when a user will create a dir and I
want to put/remove files into it and have problems.  I then have to telnet
into my linux box and fix the permissions.  Kindof a bummer, but at least the
unix box is visible from windows.

Hope this helps you out.

- Paul