Re: TeX question

* Vincent Murphy <murphyv@student.cs.ucc.ie> writes:

>  there's a file that comes with emacs called viperCard.tex (in
> /usr/share/emacs/../etc/).  it's a reference card for emacs viper-mode.

>  i want to turn this into a pdf so i can get hard copy and stick it on my
> wall.  i can get hard copy (and stick it on a wall :) myself, the problem
> is turning it into a pdf.

>  i have tried 'tex viperCard.tex; dvipdf viperCard.dvi', but the resultant
> pdf file has portrait pages, whereas i need them to be landscape.  there is

Try pdftex with the command line
  pdftex "\pdfpagewidth=297mm \pdfpageheight=210mm \input viperCard.tex"
or change the page dimensions in /usr/lib/texmf/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg.

There should be a similar option for dvipdfm.

But it looks to me as if this file *is* portrait. With weird look on
A4 paper.

HTH,
  Colin