Re: Dselect saying everthing is obsolete

geert@barnesmorgan.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just installed Debian 2.1 from CheapBytes Binary I. As i went to install
> without any problem I updated the packages list via dselect using the
> apt method.
> After this all packages are stated to be obsolete like:
>      Obsolete/local Required packages in section base

	Obsolete in this case means dselect couldn't find/get the Packages
file to tell it what is available on the server.  If getting this file
fails, dselect will think all files are obsolete, because it thinks
the server doesn't have them.  So, can you do a successful "Update"?

> I used following http servers:
>      deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
>      deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable non-US
>
> Btw, unstable 2.1 has ncurses probs :-)

	Thats why its unstable.  If you want to live on the edge with the
unstable version, get used to problems like this.

--
Ed C.