USR modem & ZIP drive questions

Hi

Hope this is not too much OT, but my impression is there are a lot of very
competent people on this list:

1. I have a USR V90 56k modem. If I let it connect at anything above 33600,
the RX rate drops drastically - to around 1kB/s. Any suggestions?

2. Whenever I acces my ZIP drive, the RX flow from the modem stops
immediately. It returns to normal shortly after the ZIP access has finished.
Is this an IRQ/DMA conflict? If yes, how can I fix it?

Guess I have to add I'm on a K7M at 500Mhz.

Michel

=====
"Software is like sex; it's better when it's free"
 -- Linus Torvalds

"If you continue running Windows, your system may become unstable."
 -- Windows 95 BSOD