Re: ground zero

Well... If I were you, and this is in no way the "best" situation, just
probably what I would do, is to make two partitions on the 1.2, a 1gig
fat32, and 200meg linux swap.  The 1 gig can be used for whatever in
windows, maybe mp3s, and keeping the swap on the other drive with AFAIK
be a better idea because overall preformance in linux will be improoved
because its swapping to a different physical device than its loading it
apps from.  Now for the 13 gig drive, I typically allocate 4 gigs to
linux.  My current potato installation takes up about 2 gigs, so 4 just
for breathing room.   that leaves windows with quite a bit, which is ok,
since linux can access either partition just as well.  I usually keeps
mp3's and videos and such on a fat32 so that I can see them from either
operating system.

So thats

1.2=> 1)1.0gig fat32 2)200meg linux swap (both primary, it makes device
names easier)
13=> 1)windows of whatever size > 4gig <9gig 2)4 gig linux 3)whatever's
left over fat32

I would install windows first, then linux.  I use the floppies, but
there are other, better ways.

-Aaron Solochek
 leko@cmu.edu