Re: mouse refuses to configure!

On Tue, Jan 11, 2000 at 03:33:20PM +0000, hazelsct@mit.edu wrote:
> Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> > + The mouse hardware and cables are okay because the mouse works fine in
> > Windows 95.
> >
> > + I suspected gpm so I disabled it with "gpm -k" and removed the startup
> > file from /etc/rc6.d.
>
> Does the mouse work in GPM?  Did you try gpmconfig in a console?
> That might help identify the device and protocol

That's a good idea.  I didn't read the gpm man page very carefully.  I
didn't know about gpmconfig.

> > + I tried /dev/ttyS0-ttyS4 and some other random devices.  /dev/mouse
> > is symlink'd to /dev/ttyS0.
>
> Did you try /dev/psaux with mouse type PS2?

Nope.  That's pretty obvious now that you mention it.

I can try these ideas and report back.

Thank you very much for your help!

--
"Does `competition' have an abstract purpose?"
       via, but not speaking for Deutsche Bank