Re: I thought 2.2.x should detect RAM >64

Phil Brutsche <pbrutsch@creighton.edu> writes:

> A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far way, someone said...
>
> > 2.2.14 only detects 64M out of 96M of my RAM. I thought this was fixed
> > in 2.2.x kernels. Comments?
>
> It tends to be fixed, but on some hardware there's nothing the kernel can
> do & human intervention is needed.
>
> I think you know what you need in /etc/lilo.conf :)

Yes, but it doesn't work!!! I added "append mem=96M", and the kernel
still sees only 64. 8-/

On this very machine 2.2.13 compiled under slink saw my 96M
automatically, while this 2.2.14 kernel compiled under potato seems to
have problems with that. I used my old config file and did a "make
oldconfig", so the only change is the compilation environment...

Could the new compiler + libraries have to do with this?
--
Arcady Genkin                                 http://www.thpoon.com
"'What good is my pity? Is not the pity the cross upon which he who