Re: /etc/limits

On 10/1/2000 Jim B wrote:

$ ulimit -v
unlimited
$ ulimit -v 32767
$ ulimit -v
32767
$ ulimit -v 32768
bash: ulimit: cannot modify limit: Operation not permitted

OTOH if you're talking about someone who switches his shell to get around
the limits, that's my whole point.  I need to know how to set
shell-independent limits.  Yes you can do that with PAM, but I still don't
see a PAM limit on virtual memory.  Is there one there?

oh, i see some limits are enforced once set, I tried a few other limits and the user can set and unset them at will. correction noted :)

--
Ethan Benson
To obtain my PGP key: http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/pgp/