Re: Ethernet question

> Just transferred over from Red Hat 6.1 to Debian 2.1. My NIC card worked
> fine in Red Hat and appears to work okay in Debian _if_ I issue an
> ifconfig eth0

   This is typically done in the script /etc/init.d/network  That script is
generated at install when you answer the questions about your network
setup.  If you take a look at it and edit it, you should see all of the
various network parameters (IP address, subnet mask, etc.) to set up your
ethernet card.

   If not, just reply back for some more info.

--
 Regards,                | Debian GNU/ __      o  http://www.debian.org