dependency questions

Hello!,

I wanted to install sawmill with slink.when I checked their website, it instructed me that it needs librep, rep-gtk,gtk and imlib so I downloaded some of those and then when I tried to install the first one rep-gtk , it said that it depended on libglib1.2.6 but libglib1.2.6 is not in the stable distribution but is instead in the unstable. Can I use those packages in unstable dists to slink?

Furthermore, when i checked libglib1.2.6, it too depends on other packages as well, and it seems like it's never ending. can somebody please give me a link on where I can get more information on how to do this properly?

Thanks.