Re: Please Help me!!!

On Sun, Jan 09, 2000 at 09:05:21PM +0100, Wojciech Zabolotny wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 09, 2000 at 07:53:26PM +0000, VEVE ROUDY wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > There's longtime I'm looking for
> > a program on linux as net2phone or dialpad.com applet
> > on windows, please could you tell me a pgrogram PC-to-Phone
> > on linux, so I can make free call or cheap call via Internet.
>
> I know about two such programs: VAT and speak-freely.
> AFAIK both are available as debian packages.

No, those aren't the same thing. dialpad.com and net2phone let you use
your computer to call someone _on_ _the_ _phone_. This way, only you
need to be on a computer, the person you call uses their regular
telephone. VAT and speak-freely, on the other hand, let you use your
computer to talk to other people with the same/compatible software on
their computers.

i don't know of any PC-to-Phone apps for Linux, although i'd be very
interested in learning of one. Especially one like dialpad.com that
doesn't charge for the service ;)

--
  finger for GPG public key.
  8 Jan 2000 - Old email addresses removed from key, new added