Re: Is unstable really _this_ unstable?????

= Stan Brown <stanb@awod.com> [20000109 1818]:
> 	Can some kind soul PLEASE give me some advice on where to go fro here?

 be advised that AFAIK there is a lot of development work being done on
base-floppies to make them ready for potato's move to stable.  they are
changing frequently.

 the way i see it, you have a couple of alternative courses of action:

  - install a slink base system, install the apt .deb (and it's dependencies)
    from potato with dpkg, and upgrade to potato with `apt-get dist-upgrade'.

  - try the potato base-floppies again.  they might work this time.  :)

 the rest of potato is relatively stable; i've been using it in one form or
another on my desktop since about a month after slink went stable (and
started getting stale).  base-floppies is what's giving you grief.

HTH..
-vinny
.