Re: How to recover from crash (urgent for me)

do a telinit 1, umount /dev/hda5, e2fsck -c -C 0 -f -v /dev/hda5, reboot

if you run e2fsck several times and there are errors again and again, maybe even each time on different blocks, I would suggest backing up and buying a new disk...

that should do the trick (at least for the good blocks on your disk)

and _please_, dont send html in emails :-/

hth,
&rw

--
-- +++ EUnet/KPNQwest@Exponet, 15.-17.2.'2k, Ebene02/Stand08 +++