RE: "LI" for LILO or loading from a second harddrive

Lilo must be installed in the MBR of /dev/hda.  That is where your BIOS
looks to boot your system.   change your  boot" line to look like:
boot=/dev/hda

This will install LILO in the MBR of /dev/hda.

LILO can *boot* things pretty much anywhere in your system
(like /dev/hdc1) but it must be located where the BIOS looks
(generally the boot sector of your first floopy drive, or the MBR of
your first Hard disk.

Bryan