Re: apt-get upgrade

On Sat, Jan 08, 2000 at 06:32:01PM -0600, Nathan York wrote:
> i just did an apt-get upgrade today and got this
>
> The following packages have been kept back
>   bash cdrecord dpkg less libncurses4 libreadlineg2 ncurses-bin procps
>   psmisc sniffit tkdesk xpdf
>
> why are these packages being kept back, i didn't place any of them on hold
> except for the cdrecord.....is anyone else experiencing this problem..

I just upgraded from Slink to Potato over the past few days, and had a
similar problem.  What I wound up doing was running apt-get dist-upgrade
a couple of times to let all the dependancies settle themselves out.  I'm
not sure if that was the correct way to do it, but it seems to have worked.
The only (semi) major problems were the ncurses link problem that has been
discussed before on this list and the debconf problem that has also been
mentioned.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
ICQ# 12934898                 |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"