Re: Standard way to change IP?

On Sat, Jan 08, 2000 at 12:10:41PM +0100, Robert Waldner wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Jan 2000 15:04:33 +0800, Jonathan Chang writes:
> >Hi, all
> >
> >	Is there any standard way for debian to change ip address? Or
> >I need to modify files in /etc manully? Thanks in advance.
>
> modify /etc/init.d/network accordingly, do an ifconfig <interface> down, then run  /etc/rcS.d/S40network

I find that sometimes I cannot use that interface after the network
is changed.... I get something like "network unreachable" when
I try to ping some hosts on that network. The NIC is fine after
a reboot. Most of the time I was using slink with kernel 2.2.13.
Are there any other things that I need to do?  Or was it driver
dependent?