Re: How to set 'e2fsck' to run at boot?

	Subject: Re: How to set 'e2fsck' to run at boot?
	Date: Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 11:12:25PM -0600

Quoting Nathan E Norman(finn@midco.net):
>| On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Wayne Topa wrote:
>|
>|  : run man fstab.  Then search for fs_passno.
>|  :
>|  : You have to set the 6th field of fstab to 1 for the root fs and 2 for
>|  : the others.
>|
>| This still doesn't force a fsck run if the filesystem is marked "clean"
>| on shutdown.

I don't want my system to waste time in checking a 'clean' fs.
Why would you want to do that every time you boot?  My system only runs
fstab on bootup if the FS _isn't_ clean.

I don't have the original post so can't check on what he said before.

It seemed to me that he did not have anything in the fs_passno field
and that, on bootup, his filsystems were not being checked 'and that
they did have errors in them'.  Nothing in the fs_passno field would
cause that.

That is all I could gleam from the mount and fstab man pages.
--
Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I...