Re: error installing debconf

On Sáu, 07 Giêng 2000, Mike Werner wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 11:30:17PM -0600, Ashley Clark wrote:
> > It's an easy fix to fix it, in the Makefile of the source, one line
> > has bin where it should say sbin
>
> But in the debconf_0.2.65_all.deb there is a *file* named /user/sbin - it's
> a shell script to be precise.  And what the system is complaining about
> is that it doesn't want to replace a directory with a file.  I wound up
> unpacking the deb into a temp directory, renaming the offending file, and
> rebuilding the deb.  I'm not sure if it worked correctly, but it worked well

Yes, the /usr/sbin file is one of two that should actually be in
/usr/sbin, by changing the line in the Makefile, it creates the
directory and when creating the deb file, places in it two files,
dpkg-preconfig and dpkg-reconfigure.

> enough to let me install debconf.  And that meant I could install a
> couple of things that had gotten stuck due to depending on debconf.

You could just configure the unconfigured packages by running
dpkg --configure --pending, but I'm unsure that by not installing
those files whether or not that will affect other packages that
depend on debconf.

--
Ashley Clark