Re: UMAX Scanner

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Dave Erickson wrote:

> Does anyone know if it is possible to get the SCSI card that came with
> my Umax Astra 600S to work under Linux?

I have this scanner and I seem to recall that it did work.  The big
problem was that without the Windows-only Magic Match software it came
with, the output was really crappy so it's back on a Windows box for
now.

The freebie card was an Adaptec I believe and they are fairly well
supported (though not exactly plug and play) under Linux at least
according to my admittedly light experience.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>