Re: NFS-mounting /var/spool/mail

Adam C Powell IV said:
> Is there any way to set an NFS timeout so it only tries for, say, five
> seconds?  Or anything else I can do to allow root logins to the clients
> when the server is down?  Otherwise, I have to power cycle and wait for
> fsck...

From man mount, under the heading "Mount options for nfs":

       soft   This  option  allows  the kernel to time out if the
              nfs server is not responding  for  some  time.  The
              time can be specified with timeo=time.  This option
              might  be  useful  if  your  nfs  server  sometimes
              doesn't respond or will be rebooted while some pro­
              cess tries to get a file from the server.   Usually
              it just causes lots of trouble.

--
Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d- s+: a- C++ UL++$ P+>+++ L++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+ !K
w---$ O M- !V PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv- b++ DI++++ D G e* h+ r++ y+