Re: debconf error (no man page)

I was having a simalar problem. The first time I installed debconf I saw
GTK and said WoW that looks rad. The problem with using gtk for me was
that I forget to export my display and stuff when I su to do a package
upgrade.

For the longest time I was looking for a way to edit some config file for
debconf to change the default dialog back to dialog (or text). The reason
I had a hard time was there is no man page for debconf. I also did not
find any help in doc/debconf except something that refered to
dpkg-preconfigure. Which made me think to use dpkg-reconfigure debconf
(this did work and I felt foolish as usual).

Is there some way that debconf can have a man page explaining how to
configure it? I also was under the impression that EVERY package in debian
has a man page (even that one that says "the program has no man page").
The other thought I had was that man pages come from the upstream author
but being that we are the upstream shouldn't there be a man page?

-Ryan White

(I am new to debian development but am soaking up as much information as I
can)