Re: LAN access fails after 5 seconds

Thanks for the tips.  The nasa search found the same tulip.c source code,
but that's a useful search technique to know about.  I finally got the
source for tulip.c to compile by adding a -I option to the gcc line--and
that fixed the problem!

BUT--

Does anyone know what include files gcc uses by default?  Using the "find"
command, the only include tree for kernel headers is
/usr/src/kernel-headers-2.2.12/include/linux.  But these are NOT the
headers I got when I left off the -I directive!  Guess the "standard"
headers must be pre-compiled somewhere, but shouldn't they have been
pre-compiled with the current kernel headers?

--Ray
rayz@toto.csustan.edu