Re: problem with symlinks

    DZM> Note that any Debian package will create a directory
    DZM> /usr/doc/$PACKAGE (or /usr/share/doc/$PACKAGE in Potato)
    DZM> containing the package's documentation, including at the very
    DZM> least the copyright file.  So this list should be every
    DZM> package installed on your system.

I, myself, would be concerned that the given situation may confuse
{pre,post}inst scripts (eg some may not recreate a symlink if a file
already exists in its place).

Personally, I would do a complete reinstallation of Debian after
saving copies of important configuration files and/or package
selections.

I am currently having troubles compiling lib/otp, it complains that
DBM and dbm are undefined. I don't know if this is my fault or not,
but think it is significant that lib/hdb compiled OK (I think this
uses DBM, too?).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>