Re: UPS software compatibility

On 4/1/2000 Ron Stordahl wrote:

I am considering buying a Tripp Lite OmniSmart 450PNP.  They claim that
their PowerAltert V10.1.9 software supports Linux, however I would be much
more confortable if I knew for sure that it worked, and ideally was open
source.

BestPower UPSs have software that works with GNU/Linux and the source code comes with it (though not under a Free licence) they also use a standard DB9 cable. Best will also give you the complete documentation on the smart mode comm protocol on request no questions asked.

other then 2 or 3 minor annoyances with the software (that could be easily fixed by any C programmer) it seems to work just fine.

Ethan