Re: UPS software compatibility

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Ron Stordahl wrote:

ron.st >I am considering buying a Tripp Lite OmniSmart 450PNP.  They claim that
ron.st >their PowerAltert V10.1.9 software supports Linux, however I would be much
ron.st >more confortable if I knew for sure that it worked, and ideally was open
ron.st >source.

i am not a user of tripp lite stuff but you can be pretty sure its not
open source.  NUT(Network UPS tools) has support for the internet office
series from tripp lite, treats it as a 'dumb' ups.  you can get NUT from:

http://www.exploits.org/nut/

ron.st >It uses a DB9 cable to talk to the system, perhaps someone knows if there is
ron.st >a package in Debian already which will do the job?

can't say for sure..

nate