Re: Potato locked up on shutdown - processes still running

On Fri, Dec 03, 1999 at 10:48:15AM -0800, aphro wrote:
> It may not help but i remapped ctrl-0alt-del to go to runlevel 1, instead
> of reboot usually allows for a clean shutdown when something goes
> wrong(like X breaking, or some startup script hanging the system)

Hi Nate,

Thanks for the idea. This may not have helped in my case as init had
already hung towards the end of changing to runlevel 0 (I had typed
`halt' IIRC). I guess I'll config magic sysrq keys in the kernel so
that I can sync and unmount disks in case it happens again.

Regards,
Mark.