Re: PDF wont work with Potato and Acrobat... Anyone?

* Alan Eugene Davis <adavis@netpci.com> writes:

> Is anyone using TeX/LaTeX to produce PDF?  Can the PDF be understood

Yes. You can use pdf(la)tex which produces PDF directly
(http://www.tug.org/applications/pdftex/), and dvipdfm, which uses
the normal DVI output (http://odo.kettering.edu/dvipdfm/). Another
free route goes through DVI-->PS-->PDF with dvips and ps2pdf (from
the Ghostscript distribution). The non-free route is using Distiller
on the PS (Distiller is not available for Linux).

All of these approaches have certain (minor) drawbacks (but they may
well not be relevant to you).

> by commonly available PDF readers?  I run TeXLive, up to date, so My

Yup. (Aside from a few bugs in the readers. Even Adobe doesn't always
conform to its own spec).

You'll probably get better advise on e.g. comp.text.tex if you have
specific problems.

HTH,
  Colin