Joysticks

I just upgraded my Slink kernel from 2.0.34 to 2.2.10 and wanted to play
with the joystick drivers.  I've got a M$ Sidewinder (not a 3d pro or
anything, just a plain analog 2-button, 2-axis joystick that plugs into the
game module on the soundcard).

I compiled the joystick module and created the js0 device with:

  mknod /dev/js0 c 15 0

But jstest and jscal still can't talk to the joystick:

# jstest /dev/js0
jstest: Operation not supported by device
# jscal /dev/js0
jscal: can't open joystick device: Operation not supported by device

What am I missing?

rgds-- TA  (tallard@frb.gov)
I don't speak for the Federal Reserve Board, it doesn't speak for me.