slrn only scores some groups?

This is odd.  Since I upgraded to potato, slrn (now at 0.9.5.7) only
applies the scorefile to some groups.  It's properly defined in
.slrnrc, and works normally on the groups it works on at all.  If I
use the "K" command from an unscored group, it does open the correct
scorefile (~/News/Score).  If I "K" from the group listing, it lets me
set score options for the group, then ignores them if it's a group
that isn't being scored.

I posted to news.software.readers and got no help or "Me, too!", so
I'm assuming it's a potato-specific problem.

Any suggestions?  Anything I can do to debug this?  I'm running
bleeding-edge potato (I ran apt-get upgrade yesterday).
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum