Re: OT: Network map solutions

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Marc Mongeon wrote:

Mongeo >I'm looking for a way to create rather nice-looking network topology
Mongeo >maps.  I figure a solution will involve an easy-to-use object-oriented
Mongeo >drawing program with a library of network objects (routers, switches,
Mongeo >links, clouds, etc.) that is also extensible, so I can add my own ob-
Mongeo >jects.  I'm thinking of something Visio-like, but given the quality of
Mongeo >open-source software I've worked with in the past, I'm certain I can
Mongeo >find something even better.

Look into cheops

http://www.marko.net/cheops/

it can do pretty much what u want, full network mapping, OS detection, and
icons for the different kinds of hosts it finds, routers linux boxes, sun
boxes macs, win ..etc etc..

works real well..you can map multiple networks and connect them as well.

nate