Python again

I have a program, that I want to be executed in parallel (possibly on a network of Linux boxes). I've heard that Python is one of the esiest tools to be the `supervisor' -
to launch the programs, to collect results, to inform me about the progress, and so on. Can you tell me where to start exploring Python's possibilities to achieve my goal
in the shortest time?

I started to analyze tha examples and found, that `/usr/doc/python/examples/Demo/thread/wpi.py' contained something that could be close to what I need, but I couldn't run
it because of `stdwin' problem I described in the previous mail. Eric said `stdwin' was obsolete - so once again my question: where to start?

Blazej