Re: debian sources

"James Sasitorn" <camus@rice.edu> writes:

> How do I use dselect to compile and build debian source files? Is there any
> way to upgrade like i would usually, but all packages compiled from source?

There's no automatic way to do that, but recent versions of apt-get
include a "source" option, which will retrieve (and if you specify
additional options) compile/build and install pacakges from debian
source distributions.

Read the apt-get man page (a couple of times); I haven't tried the
source options myself, but I hear they work.