Re: Canon BJC-1000 printer

As a matter of fact, yes.  I just got one of these, and initially had no luck in
getting it to print.   I came to find out, with some very useful info provided
by folks on this list, that the printer cannot print plain ascii text without
it being converted to postscript.  Assuming you have set the printer up
correctly, try doing an apt-get install printtool, and run it from X.  Add
a new printer, and select the BJC600/BJC4000 Print Driver.  Once you
have used Printtool to set up the printer, try running the Postscript test,
it should print out a nice test page.  The ASCII tests will NOT work, however
I have had good luck using the a2ps package to convert plain ascii
test to postscript.  Example.   ls-al | a2ps Will produce a directory listing
from the printer.  If you need any help with how I have my printcap file,
etc, set up just email me, I am glad to help.

Regards,

Todd