Re: startx?

On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 12:17:23PM -0700, Robert L. Harris wrote:

> Ok,
>   I appear to have xserver, etc installed correctly and E.  Now when I do
> a "startx" it can't find it.  Anyone know what package would have that
> in it?   I know how to find out what package contains a file, but what
> if you don't have that file installed.

More than likely you do have it installed, but /usr/X11R6/bin is not in
your path.

To check, do this:

echo $PATH

If /usr/X11R6/bin is not there, then do this:

(for bash)
export PATH=${PATH}:/usr/X11R6/bin

(for csh/tcsh)
setenv PATH ${PATH}:/usr/X11R6/bin

Then you should be able to execute it. You can add this path to your
/etc/profile (or just ~/.profile).

`     bcollins@debian.org  -  collinbm@djj.state.va.us  -  bmc@visi.net    '