Re: Pine question

On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 10:50:02PM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:

   On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, peter karlsson wrote:

      Johann Spies:

         I get the following error mentioned in the subject line when
         I want to read or save a html-attachment from a local
         electronic newspaper:

         [Error: Formatting error: Non-hexadecimal character in QP encoding]

      What does the string in question look like in "real life"? It
      might really be bogues, and if so, Pine is correct in
      complaining.

   I can only view the attachment when I use Mutt which calls lynx to
   do it. With pine I can not even save it to be viewed manually by a
   browser.

   Pine would not even include the attachment when I forward it
   otherwise I could have send you a copy of the attachment.

>From the main menu in pine:
   1. Type 's' for 'Setup'
   2. Type 'c' for 'Config'
   3. Scroll the very bottom and select (hit enter) on 'url-viewers'
   4. Type 'lynx' and hit enter
   5. Type 'e' for 'Exit'

>From the config, you can also set your mailcap and mime.types search
path to /etc/mailcap and /etc/mime.types, respectively.  This will
configure viewers for various applications as well as html.

Hope this helps,
Dennis
--
Dennis Kelly                    email: dpk@egr.msu.edu