Re: Do I have a virus?

Nico De Ranter writes:
| Nope, I've had the same problem.  Can it be that lilo changes
| something in the bootable partition and not only in the mbr?  In that
| case fdisk /mbr won't be able to help.

lilo certainly can be installed at the beginnng of an ext2 partition.
However, I've discounted this because fdisk /mbr should remove any code
causing the jump to any other partition.

Long Shot --- have you checked the bootable flags with (preferably
linux) fdisk?  The boot code that DOS fdisk installs may well observe
these, and if set to an old Linux partition, might attempt to jump
there, causing a lilo boot.

Mx.