Bash Aliases problem

This message was sent from Geocrawler.com by "prabhakar chaganti" <chaganti@randomc.com>
Be sure to reply to that address.

Hi everyone:

I am trying to set up some aliases for frequently used commands. I have tried adding them to ~/.bashrc and /etc/profile and /etc/bashrc,but have not had any luck in getting bash to recognize the aliases.Would there be any reason at all that my ~/.bashrc would not get read by bash. After making the changes, I have tried both logging out and logging back in, and sourcing the .bashrc file to try to get bash to see the aliases. I checked to see if there is any syntax error by trying out each alias from the commandline. All of them seem to work. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I am doing wrong here??

Thanks
prabhakar

Geocrawler.com - The Knowledge Archive