Re: Sun goes fully open source!

> John Foster wrote:
> > Uhmmmm. It was already free, in the dollars and cents manner. They
> > really gave back/up nothing.
>
> I think they give an impression: from now on, StarOffice is supported by
> Sun.

Yes, it's a world of marketing!  Shame!

> Unix community at large can take advantage of it; look, now is the
> beginning of time where M$ Office has a worthy opponent (or contender if
> you like).

And that is important.  I believe M$ already released a Unix version of
outlook ... give them time and they'll do the same with M$ office;  if
by then, there's not a good, well supported, better marketeered, office
suite for Unix, we could see M$ products running in many Linux boxes ...
not even Well's could have forseen such a dark future.

BTW, are there any changes between StarOffice5.1 "pre-sun" and
"post-sun"?

Regards,

--
Horacio					Anno MMDCCLII ad Urbe condita
homega@ciberia.es			Valencia - ESPAÑA